Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Not-So Panasonic Sport Deluxe

Coltrane and I came upon this wreck during an extended morning walk. She looks like a perfect candidate for my bike portrait series. This bike is chained to a street sign near the corner of Beard and Dwight Street, right across the way from what used to be Lillie's Bar. Come to think of it, I seem to recall seeing this very same corpse of a bike every time I visited that wonderful place. It sure looks like it's been there for a long time. I reckon the businesses moving into this part of RH won't brook bike corpses littering the land so I doubt it'll be there much longer. Anyway, we're looking at a Panasonic Sport Deluxe. The frame is a "woman's" frame, whatever that means. Here's a picture of what it might have looked like in its heyday. I get why the seat post and pedals are missing, but where, oh where did the tires go? Did they rot off or something?

Judging from the wear on chainstay, it looks at least as though this bike enjoyed a lot of use.

2 comments:

chall gray said...

that bike looks melancholy.

ignatzYbanjo said...

that bike is contemplating the current state of Communism.