Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Take a break, driver 8

Good thing I won't be riding throughMiami. According to an AutoVantage poll, Miami's horseless carriage drivers have the worst road rage.

Oops! Looks like New York City drivers won the #2 spot. Although I have had a few encounters:

Lady in car next to me at a stoplight: Get your &%#@ ass and your *%&$^# bike out of the street.

Me: Sorry, but I have a right to ride here.

Lady: It'll be a shame when I run you over.

Me: The shame of that particular scenario, ma'am, is that once you've been arrested and put in jail for sheer numb nuttery, the world will be bereft of your sparkling personality.

I normally find NYC drivers to be quite accomodating to cyclists. Maybe they're just rude to one another. If I had to spend 40 minutes trying to go 3 miles on the West-Side Highway, I'd be cranky too, I suppose.

No comments: