Friday, May 18, 2007

A Missing Update

There have been lots of folk writing me with their support. I'm confident that I will find a new bike and promise to keep a closer eye on this new one. My superfriends are banding together and check out the following...it's an email from one of the loveliest of lovelies, Allison Cobb.

Please put this out on your wires: Our dear friend and poet Ethan Fugate is about to embark on a three-month, 4,200-mile cross country trip on his bike, raising money for cancer research in memory of his mother
.

This morning, his bike--all outfitted for the trip--was stolen. So we are having a fundraiser to help Ethan get a new bike. Please come to a reading this Sunday at 7 p.m. at the Zinc Bar (90 W. Houston between Thompson and LaGuardia). I and Katy Henriksen will read. Thanks to host Jim Behrle for agreeing the make the fundraiser part of the show.

Thanks indeed!

I'll post some of Al's work later.


No comments: