Monday, July 30, 2007

50 days--3,500 miles

On Saturday, July 28 I dipped my tires into the Atlantic Ocean at Coney Island. My bike trip across the U.S. and Canada is done.

My good friends Jen and Allison biked the last few miles from their neighborhood in South Park Slope to Coney. We enjoyed the surf a little, had some greasy food, and were disappointed that the batting cages are completely gone.

I'm re-adjusting to the idea of not waking up and getting on my bike to ride. I'm also saying howdy to friends I haven't seen in nearly two months. It is a very interesting re-entry.

There are a number of gaps I want to fill in regarding the trip. Especially entries that I promised were forthcoming. They still are. Keep tuned for regular updates and thanks for all of the support and good will.

On Friday, the day I got back, I met Jen, Allison, Sue, Natasha, and Coltrane. Superfriends all.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so happy for you! CONGRATULATIONS! DRUM ROLL PLEASE!!!

I still remember meeting you the first day near that gas station and you asked "Do you know where Bayview-Edison Road is?" We've all have come so far. 116 days, 6,686 miles for me and Stump is still headed to Millinocket, ME. He just called to tell me he crossed the 7,000 mile mark at Skowhegan, ME.

See you on the Southern Tier, late February, early March. OKAY? ;-) Keep in touch.
Love ya,
Cindy

Anonymous said...

Yaaaayyy! Nice one Mr F! Good to see Coltrane is still going strong, too. Give my regards to the Suester. Ed and Lou are visiting Edinburgh at the moment and I will bung this page their way soon.

ignatzYbanjo said...

Sent Stumpy an email Cin...I'm coming up to visit you in the fall, you know that don't you...And thanks for the positive vibes from across the pond Craig; you need to spend some time over hear with us. I'll share with you the corn beef and hash phenomenon. Well, maybe it isn't a phenonomen, but still...I can promise you some culinary delights...

ncteacherkate said...

Congratulations!
Your mom would be proud of your free spirit and your dedication...welcome home.

The Mock Duck said...

Wow Ethan! What an achievement. Congratulations. You popped into my head for some reason and so I googled you. You may or not remember me (Charlotte Museums and the Web Conference). Anyway, I'm going to read about the rest of your trip now. Ruth