Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Mathamagickery and Goodbye Yellow Brick Road

Howdies people. I'm in Marquette, Michigan, in the lovely home of Michael, Angie, and little Gloria--some folks I met back in Wisconsin at the strawberry patch. I biked from Bergland today (115 miles) with the wind at my back. It was a pretty good bike day. I left US Route 2 today for the first time since West Glacier. I want to do a longer entry on that particular piece of highway that I've lived with for so long. Will get to it tomorrow maybe? I decided to head to the northern part of the Yoop on the recommendation of Michael and Angie. It really is beautiful up here.

So...I did a little math last night and it looks like I've got (had...last night anyway) 1200 miles to go. If I keep up my 70 mile per day average, that will put me back in Brooklyn on Friday, July 27th. Yuppers (yuppers is some kind of WI/MI term I've heard from the Yoopers alot), I could be finishing up my ride a good 15 days sooner than I expected. I'll have a clearer picture of my timeline in about a week or two once I get into Canada. Canada always clears the head, or at least the Clearly Canadian soda I drank back in the day cleared my head, or maybe that was just a chemical illusion brought on by all of the sugar they put in Clearly Canadian. Hey, whatever happened to that stuff anyway?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

we can't wait for you to get home! we'll be at the ready with some homemade clearly canadian. yum!
lv al

Anonymous said...

us too... but we may be away when you get back!

tasha

Anonymous said...

damn...that blackberry flavor was great.