Friday, June 15, 2007

Dispatch #6, I'm fonda Wauconda

Friday, June 15
Here is where I am today. Republic, WA. It used to be a mining town. Biked over Wauconda pass, 4,355 feet. I am totally Fonda Wauconda. The only thing that is in Wauconda proper is a general store/cafe/post office. I stopped there during my climb to the pass and as I was purchasing a candy bar, I overheard one of them say, "Well, I just took the biscuits out of the oven." The word biscuit causes a Pavlovian response in me. Biscuits fresh out of the oven make me practically rabid. So I sat down, even though I'd already had breakfast in Tonasket. Full report on the rides soon. Right now, I need to get back on the road to beat the rain up Sherman pass.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if they're home-made buscuits like the ones you had at Heath Lodge... now them's good eatin', boy! Those're soppin' biscuits!

ignatzYbanjo said...

Home-made they were, but not nearly as good as Heath Lodge biscuits. No sir.