Sunday, June 10, 2007

Shakedown: Day 0


Well, it's almost time. It's about 8 a.m. and I've finished packing. Chris, Mo, Knickerboker, and I are having breakfast at a Seattle staple called The Dock. Afterward, we're driving about 30 miles north to the town of Everett where Maureen's folks live. After we drop off Maureen and Nicholas, Chris is going to drive me down to the Mukilteo ferry terminal where I'll offload my bike and gear and bid adieu to Chris. The Mukilteo ferry takes me to to Whidbey Island and the town of Clinton. I'll ride from Clinton to Anacortes today. Check it out on the map. It's about 50 miles ride and should be lovely. If I start riding at two like I hope, I'll be pitching my tent in Anacortes around 6:30 or 7.

I'm not sure when I'll have access to a computer for the next update, but it should come w/in a few days. I want to recount meeting Kent Peterson for coffee and also the baby daddy tattoo club. But right now I'm doing a little research on Whidbey Island. Turns out, it's one of the largest and longest islands in the contiguous United States. Only Padre Island in Texas, Long Island, NY, and Isle Royale, MI are larger.

So before I leave Seattle, I need to memorialize one of the most indelible images from my visit here--the back of a Ford Escalade belonging to a neighbor in Chris and Mo's neighborhood. Now that vehicle has balls!

No comments: